Monday, July 09, 2012

Montauk Trip

Growing up, my family went camping every year. We would travel 3 hours to Montauk State Park and go trout fishing. We created many memories and still to this day my mom and dad, brother and his family, and my sister and several other friends go camping out there every year. However, I have not been there for almost 10 years (ever since I met Travis).

The day finally came when I convinced Travis to go, with a little help from my dad. He enjoys fishing but wasn’t sure about trout fishing. It is not your typical fishing. There is different fishing line you have to use, different type of bait, etc.

Now that we have started our own family, I was hoping this may be a start of our family tradition. We went this past week. My parents, as well as my nephew came along for the fun.

I say that we camping, but we weren’t necessarily roughing it. We had a nice air-conditioned cabin, with a kitchen and even a TV. When I was younger, we always tent camped. After the heat that we have been having lately, I couldn’t image sleeping out in this heat. Let’s just say, time has changed and kids nowadays are spoiled. That goes for me too, LOL!

Overall we had a fun time. Although it may take quite a bit more convincing to get Travis to go again. I don’t know a single person that has enjoyed trout fishing on their first time. So we shall see if this becomes a tradition for our family.




Tyler caught 2 fish, which is one more than his dad.




One afternoon while the guys fished, my mom and I took the kids for a walk around the campgrounds. We even found a playground for the kids to swing. Of course, Tyler enjoyed swinging as he always does but Kenna still was not sure about it. Tyler even got to try out his new wheelchair (which I will post about in another post).

No comments: