Thursday, January 12, 2012

A New Skill....well not so much new anymore.

I think it's time to clean out some of my unpublished posts. I tend to start writing a post then something would interrupt me from publishing. Last year was one of the busiest years we have ever had. Between building a house, working full-time, taking Tyler to therapy, the exhaustion of pregnancy, having a newborn in the house, and all the other things that go along to running a household, my blogging got put to the side.

So it's time to do some cleaning. This post is from August.

One of the things we have been working with Tyler on is his eating skills. Tyler is not a picky eater and will eat anything as long as YOU feed it to him. Any time you place a spoon in his hand or give him his cup, he immediately drops it like it has the plague. I know he has the capability to feed himself because he brings toys to his mouth all the time and chews on them. But you place a spoon in his hand and he wants nothing to do with it.

So I wish I would be telling you that his new skill is feeding himself but it's not. Don't worry he will get it some day. But I am super excited about this new feeding skill of his. Now, he can bite a piece of food. For example, before when feeding him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich we would have to tear off pieces and feed it to him piece by piece. But now, we can put the sandwich up to his mouth and he will bite a piece off. It is so much more convenient.

Be sure to check back tomorrow for another new skill :)

No comments: