Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Going to School

Well I had my big meeting today with the school. I actually didn't go, all it was going to be was boring stuff. Mom and dad went in my place, they talked about me and everything that was going to go on when I start school in August. I can't believe I am going to be going to school. It's just right around the corner. I found out that I am going to be in Ms Sarah's class. There is going to be about 10 other kids in my class - 5 of which are "typical" kids and 5 with special needs. I am going to be going 3 days a week to start out with, if I can handle more, mom might up me to 4 or 5 days. But we will see how it goes with 3 days first. It might just wear me out. I am also going to be getting therapy while I am there also. I am getting PT for an hour a week, OT for an hour, ST for 90 minutes and vision therapy for 30 minutes a week. When I am not in therapy, I will be in the classroom setting doing all sorts of fun stuff. Although I have heard, Ms Sarah likes to do a lot of arts & crafts projects, and I am not a big fan of that. Ms Terri, my developmental therapist right now makes me color and paint all the time. And I really hate it. I do it though to amuze her and mom. But I do NOT enjoy it. So I am a little worried about that. But Ms Sarah says that she'll make it fun. We'll see. I also heard that we go on field trips so that will be a lot of fun too. I will only be going in the mornings from 8:00 - 11:00. Mom will drop me off and dad will pick me up and take me to Ms Becky's until mom gets off of work. I can't wait to meet all the kids in my class. It's going to be so much fun. I think mom is even excited.

No comments: