Wednesday, November 28, 2007

10 Times

I broke a record in therapy today. I always start off swinging, my favorite thing to do in therapy, and the therapist wants me to use the switch. The switch says 'more swinging' on one side, the other side says 'all done'. So they let me swing for awhile and then they stop me. Once they stop me I have to decide if I want to swing more or if I am all done. If I want to swing more, I have to push the 'more swinging' side of the switch; and if I am done I have to push the 'all done' side of the switch. I have been working with this switch for weeks. And the therapist usually has to show me, and take my hand and press the button a few times before I get the hang of it. But the last couple of weeks I have really started to understand the concept and she hasn't had to do hand-over-hand with me. Now I know to do it by myself. It still takes me awhile, once they stop swinging me to actually push the button. My thought process is still a little slow. But I really just take my time to annoy the therapist and mom. I didn't know, but the therapist have been counting each week on how many times I push the switch. Last week, I did it 5 times in a row all by myself. Today, I did it 10 times, yes 10 times, and then on the 11th time I finally pushed the 'all done' button. I was pooped!

Like I said before, mom has been trying to get a video of me talking. But I refuse to amuse her. Except the other night, I let one slip. Just a little one. As you can see from the video, I do not like the camera and I freeze up. If you be patient and listen carefully, I said dad in the video. Hopefully that will satisfy mom for awhile.

No comments: