Sunday, May 20, 2012

Playing in the dirt!

It's been 7 months since we moved into our house and everything was pretty much finished and move in ready with the exception of one big task. A driveway and sidewalks. Well that time finally came, no more gravel driveway. Maybe now I can finally wash my car and it stay clean for more than one day, lol!

We had the concrete poured about 3 weeks ago and the asphalt driveway about 2 weeks ago. So all we had left was the finishing touches of landscaping the yard and push a LOT of dirt around. So that was the big task this weekend. My brother-in-law, Jason, brought down his Bobcat and helped us out. And let me say it looks so much better.Jason, thank you so much for all of your help!

Some before pictures of the sidewalk and driveway

I even got the kids footprints. Yes, I know it says 2011, but I wanted to put the year that we moved into the house.



 

 Jason popping a wheelie in the Bobcat. Boys will be boys.
  

The kids enjoyed watching Travis and Jason work. Also thanks to Jen, my sister, for helping out with the kids and running errands with me.

The finishing touches of spreading the straw. 

Now let's hope the grass grows!
 

Check back later this week, for one more post of the house--that I have been meaning to post for the last 7 months =)

No comments: