Monday, October 31, 2011

Squeezing in a tradition

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. It's that time of year when you can dress up and be whoever you want to be. Another reason why it is my favorite holiday is the tradition of carving pumpkins.

Due to our busy and hectic lives right now, I wasn't sure if we were going to continue this tradition this year. But we made it a point to carve pumpkins this weekend.

Every year, I wonder if Tyler will "help" gut the pumpkin. If you remember, Tyler isn't a fan. Click here to see last years post. Well this year was no different. He decided it would be more fun to watch than participate.
"Mom, please don't make me do this."

"No!!!!!!!"

"Thanks mom"

Tyler has a communication device and I asked him what shape he wanted for the eyes and nose and this is what he told me.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Cute jack-o-lantern!! You remind me of us, carving pumpkins, keeping tradition even through a very busy time. How fun!! Kudos to us!

I was trying hard to look passed into the photo's background and see your new house. The tiny glimpses look amazing!! I wish I could visit and see it in person. I bet you guys did a great job!