Monday, August 16, 2010


Today was a BIG day. Tyler started his first day of kindergarten. I think I was more nervous than he was, so much that I barely got any sleep the night before. Of course, Tyler slept great and was well rested for his big day. I knew he would do well but I was still anxious and wasn't for sure how he would do being at school the ENTIRE day. The past 2 years he has gone to the same school for Early Childhood. So he and I were familiar with the transition process, teachers, and therapists. The only difference is that Early Childhood was only for half days and kindergarten is full days (8am-3pm). He does great not getting a nap everyday but I just knew this would wear him out. He was a big boy and didn't even cry (which I knew he wouldn't). Sometimes I wish that he would care a little bit when I left but I guess it makes it easier on us both. And I was pretty proud of myself for not crying. I still can't believe he is in kindergarten. So I left him with bookbag and lunch bag in hand and went on my way.

On my way to where though. It was such a big day for him that I thought it was worth taking off work too. But what was I going to do the whole time he was at school? Before I only had 2-3 hours before I had to pick him up again. But now I had 7 hours all to myself. So I ran some errands in the morning, did a load of laundry, cleaned the kitchen and then in the afternoon I pampered myself. I decided to get a pedicure. I was long overdue for one. I decided to have Tyler ride the bus home (well really to the babysitters) and I picked him up from there. This is where he will usually get dropped off and I didn't want to cause any confusion or have him ride a different bus just for this one day. He was super excited to see me when I got him off the bus. He has been in a great mood since we have been home and we will see how much they wore him out and if he is ready to go to bed earlier than normal.

Tyler with his teachers Ms. Kia, Ms. Misty and Ms. Shelly

Me & Tyler
Tyler on the bus.
I kind of startled him at first as you can see from the picture. After that I got a HUGE smile!

Today marks a big day for Tyler and my blog. Today marks my 300th post.


Lisa said...

Such a special day! Aren't the school years fun? I love that picture of him on the bus :) Such a big boy!

Congrats on 300!

Anonymous said...

Glad you like kindergarten, Tyler! Tori is about to follow you. She finds out who her teacher is tomorrow and goes for her first day on August 31. When she complains, I will have to show her what a big boy you were! Love ya, Aunt Tresa

Kristen said...

Wow, kindergarten! Such a big boy! Great job Mama on surviving the first day!