Thursday, April 09, 2009

Record Breaking


I started preschool this year in August. I had to adjust to a whole new routine, from structured activites to new therapists and so on. I have adapted pretty well, I think. The thing that was the hardest was getting to know my teacher and my therapists. It takes me awhile to warm up to people and for me to feel comfortable around them. So I haven't been doing and meeting the same goals as with my therapists through First Steps. Before I started school, I was prop sitting for about 10-15 seconds, matching pictures, and tracking objects. Once I started school, I did not want to prop sit, I did not want to match but I did still continue to track objects. So I guess you could say I wasn't doing my best, but I had a lot going on and in a totally different environment.
Well that has finally changed. I decided it was time to work. I started to prop sit and match pictures for my therapists and teacher. It only took me almost a whole school year to adapt (haha).
The most amazing thing though was what I did today at school. I prop sat for a total of 3 minutes. Yes I said 3 minutes!!! Before, the most I ever did was right under 1 minute. So this is pretty big. Hopefully I can keep it up.

2 comments:

Jill S. said...

Way to go Tyler!!!!

Audrey Sue's Mommy said...

Man, Look at you!! Way to go!

Those are some pretty sweet shades!