Monday, September 01, 2008

Assignment

All has been going well around here. I have adapted to school very well. Well enough that I don't even take naps again at Ms. Becky's. I even had an assignment already. I had to make an "All about Me" poster. I had to put things that I liked and things about me on this poster board. Mom and dad helped me. They cut out letters of my name and drew pictures that I colored in. I also put a picture of me playing the drum and a picture of me swinging because those are 2 of my most favorite things. Some of the other things I put on it were, a picture of my family, pics of me swimming, and stickers of Mickey and Goofy, because I love watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. And the numbers 1,2,3 because I love games that involve anticipation. So when you count 1,2,3, I know that something good always follows. I think I did a pretty good job on it, even though we don't get graded on it.
Another new thing that I have been working on is holding my own bottle. It is kind of hard to get my hand around the bottle because of my adducted thumbs, but I figured out another way to do it. Mom uses the Playtex drop-in bottles. So I found out that if I hold the bottle at the end and push it against my mouth, it works just as well. I still haven't perfected it and I don't hold it for very long, but I am working on it. I am also working on drinking out of a regular cup like a big boy and I have been doing very well with that. So I am sure once I learn to hold my bottle, I will be moving on to another source of drinking device. Mom is really wanting to get rid of the bottle, which we are pretty close. I usually only take one right before bedtime. Anyways, I better get to bed it is a school night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tyler,
You did such a great job on your poster. Keller and I are so proud of you. Keep up the good work at school. We hope to see you soon.

Love ya,
Keller and Brooke