Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Visitors and Hand Splints

So much has been going on since I last updated. Let's see where to start. First I got to meet someone new last week and he only lives like 2 blocks from me. His name is Keller and he also has hydrocephalus and is the same age as me. So we will be going to school together and everything. I really didn't have much to say when he was here, I was a little shy, but I am sure I will warm up to him after awhile. He sure was funny. I even invited him to my birthday party and to come swimming sometime. We will have a lot of fun together!
Another thing that happened last week, is that I finally got my new hand splints. I guess I wasn't to thrilled about them but I guess they will benefit me in the long run. They are much better than my old ones. They hold my thumb and index finger out. So they really stretch my hand out. When I have them on I call them my guns. It looks like I am shooting at someone, the way they have my hand positioned.
We had more company on Sunday, Ms Becky, Dylan and Taylor (my babysitter and 2 kids - who are my best friends) came over and went swimming. We had a blast!! I got to show Dylan & Taylor all of my cool toys.
This week has been kind of slow. Of course the regular therapies. I did really good today in PT. I only lifted my head once when I was on my belly, but I held it for a long time. I even turned it side to side, which is something I have never done before and is very hard. Other than that nothing to amazing has happened.

No comments: