Friday, February 15, 2008

My 1st Ice Storm

Well I got to experience my first ice storm on Monday. I didn't like it very much. It was cold and very slick! And the thing with ice storms is that it looks all pretty on the trees BUT when you get a lot of ice; the trees can't handle the weight. Which results in broken limbs and trees falling over. Which also results in hitting power lines. And in the end we lose power. We ended up with no power for 3 days and sleeping somewhere different every night. The first night we toughed it out but the other two nights we went elsewhere. We stayed in a hotel on Tuesday night and at my cousins Wednesday night. Now we just have a huge mess and a lot to clean up. We had one tree in our backyard that split in two, but luckily it only hit the fence and not the deck or house. Hopefully we will get it all cleaned up this weekend.



This is our neighbors house.

No comments: