Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Flu

Well, I seemed to have come down with the flu. I stayed home from the babysitters on Thursday - not because I was sick but Ms Becky's daughter had pneumonia. I felt just fine. So I got to stay home with dad. Then Thursday night I got a high fever and I still had it Friday morning. So I got to stay home again but this time with mom. She wasn't feeling the greatest either. My fever went down a little bit, but after lunch mom decided to call the doctor and he said to come on in and he will check me out. He listened to my lungs and said they sounded clear. He also did an influenza test. I do not recommend it. He stuck a big 'o Q-tip up my nose and not just a little bit but far. It was very uncomfortable. The test came back fine. So he sent me to Cape Radiology to get a chest x-ray. After the x-ray, we headed back to the doctors office, and the doctor looked at the x-ray and of course it was fine. This was starting to sound very familiar. (If anybody remembers, last March I had a high fever and spent 12 hours in 2 different ER's trying to find out what was wrong and we never found an answer.) So after the doctor got the x-rays back and saw they were fine, he doubled checked the influenza test. And he said I ended up having a mild case of the flu. Why he didn't see that the first time I don't know. So he wrote a presciption for Tamiflu and sent us on our way. My fever ended up breaking Friday night. And now I just have a bad cough. I was up all last night coughing. Hopefully tonight will be better.

No comments: