Friday, October 12, 2007

Pumpkin carving

Since Halloween is coming, mom, dad and I decided to carve pumpkins. Dad says it's a tradition that we carve pumpkins every year. I really didn't know what I was getting myself into, but I thought what the heck. I'll see what it is all about. Apparently, you take a pumpkin and cut the top off. Then there is all this stuff in the inside that you have to get out. And that was my job. I didn't care for it too much. It felt pretty gross. I didn't do the best getting anything out, so dad helped me. But then when you get all the stuff out, you can carve a face into the pumpkin. Which is the cool part.
I had a small pumpkin that was mine. Mom and dad also had one of their own that they carved also. Mine was a little small to actually carve a face out of, so I just made a face with markers on mine.
After we carved all the pumpkins, we set them on the front porch for everybody to see.

No comments: