Friday, March 31, 2006

Early riser

I was up extra early this morning. I went to bed about 9:30 last night and got up at 4:00 this morning and wanted to stay up. Mom gave me a bottle and after that I was wide awake. I think she was hoping I would go back to sleep for a couple more hours. But she was wrong. I was smiling and talking the whole time. I finally thought I should go back to sleep around 6:30 when dad got up, so I didn't get to see him before he went to work. Hopefully I will see him tonight, since I didn't see him much yesterday. Supposedly I was sleeping when he was home yesterday for a few hours and then he had to work last night. But will play tonight.

I also had to get back into the routine of therapy. I got a rude awakening yesterday. I'm going to have to remember another name and face. Mom signed me up for speech therapy. So now I have physical, occupational and speech therapy that each come once a week for a whole hour. Man am I going to be busy. I was really good for the speech therapist. I talked almost the whole time she was here. She is going to work on getting more sounds that come out of my mouth like "mamama" or "bababa". Because right now I'm just saying vowel sounds like "aaaaa" or "ooooo". She's also going to work with me on looking to the left side more because I like to favor the right. And also follow voices.

I'm still working on the same things in PT and OT. They are making me sit up and getting my neck muscles stronger by laying me on my belly. I used to not like laying on my belly but I don't mind it anymore. They are also doing some weight bearing on my elbows and shoulders to make me stronger. They say I am improving every week.

No comments: