Monday, April 29, 2013

I'm still here

It may look like I have abandoned my blog but I'm still here. I have good intentions to update when things happen but then life catches up with me and then the moment passes by. And then it seems it is to late to create a blog post. I thought about back tracking and catching everyone back up but Holy Moly!! It's been since November. So here is a quick recap of some of the highlights:

  • Travis and I attended the Chiefs/Broncos Game. Unfortunately, the Chiefs lost but we had awesome seats. 
  • Kenna participated in an Elf Race. Kenna's idea of participating was by NOT crossing the start line.
  • Celebrated Christmas 
 
  • Tyler received an Adaptive Bike by generous donations. I still plan to write a separate post regarding this because it's so awesome. We are so thankful for all of our wonderful friends and overwhelmed by the love and support from everyone..
  • Went snow sledding. Tyler loved it. Kenna did not!
  • It's been over year since Tyler received his wheelchair and he is doing much better getting around in it. 
  • Kenna took her first steps at 13 months. 
  • We brought in the New Year by everyone staying awake until midnight.
  • Tyler has continued to make progress in therapy. He is walking at least 50 feet in a gait trainer with minimal assistance. 
  • Easter tradition of dying eggs
 
  • Completed my first sewing project, Kenna's Easter dress
  • Travis and I ran in our first 5K along with my sister and friend Michelle. Travis finished 3rd overall and 1st in his age group.
  • We are planning another surgery for Tyler. Surgery is scheduled for May 10. Tyler was born with adducted thumbs (which means his thumbs are collapsed inside of his palm). He will be having a tendon transfer and pin placed in his thumb and casted for 6 weeks. We hope with this surgery it will give him better use of his hands.

No comments: