Wednesday, May 26, 2010

No cavities and No beans

I went to the dentist for the first time today and he told me my teeth are looking good and cavity free. Whooohoo!!!! When I first met the doctor he had to count all of my fingers to make sure I didn't bite any of them off before he stuck his finger in my mouth. Silly guy!! He then proceeded to count my teeth on the bottom and then on the top. He was glad to tell me I have all my teeth and that they all look good. So he sent me on my way after giving me a sticker, a new toothbrush and a toy. Since I was so good at the dentist, mom even treated me to breakfast at Burger King. I got to eat some yummy biscuits and gravy.
I bet you are wondering from the title where the no beans comes in to play. Well, we found out last week that I am allergic to beans. Kind of weird don't ya think. I have never heard of a bean allergy but all I can say it is no fun. My allergic reaction has never been severe. I just either swell up around the eyes and mouth and sometimes get little red bumps around my mouth. This has happened to me 3 different times and we have never been able to pinpoint it until last week. The last time was a bit more than just the swelling, my airway even swelled up a little but never to a point of being scared and taking me to the hospital. It was kind of like when you have a cold and are a bit congested. My mom gave me some Benadryl and I was back to breathing normal in about an hour. So from now on, NO BEANS!!!!

2 comments:

Audrey Sue's Mommy said...

Glad to hear you have all your teeth :) and that you didn't bite the Dentist's finger off.
Interesting about the beans. We think Audrey's allergic to something, either peaches or strawberries because her ezcema flares up bad and she gets red spots around her mouth too. Glad you were able to pinpoint the beans.

*Monica said...

OH no, beans are yummy!! I am glad you found out what was bothering you though.

Good job on the teeth, Jack may need pointers on how to be a good boy at the dentist.