Tuesday, October 13, 2009

disAbility Awareness Week

This week is disAbility Awareness week at my school, even several businesses in my town our participating. I'm not sure if everyone is aware of my friend, Melaina who passed away earlier this year. Her mom and dad had a vision of an All Accessible playground in this area. After she passed away, her parents still wanted to go forward with the playground in honor of their daughter. So this week, many of the proceeds will be going towards the playground. McDonald's in Jackson is participating and donating 10% of the proceeds from 4pm to 8pm, but only tonight (Tuesday, October 13). So if you are in the area and don't have other dinner plans, go to McDonalds.

2 comments:

Audrey Sue's Mommy said...

Oh Man! I live all the way in Dallas.

I would love to know if it would be okay to send a donation and where?

Lisa Christine said...

And to think....I was at McDonald's (locally) today. Too bad they couldn't forward my proceeds to your neck of the woods!