Monday, March 30, 2009

Communicating

So I got a new device that the school is loaning me. It is called a One Step Communicator.

It is a push button device with messages that can be recorded on to it. This device will give me an ACTIVE role in communicating how my day went at school. One of the kids in my class (with the help of my teacher of course) helps record the messages/phrases onto the device. Hopefully this device will encourage for reciprocal conversation between me and my mom and dad. Here is a clip of how it works (I displayed the words that were recorded for me on the video because they are kind of hard to hear):

I have had this device for several weeks and I have caught on pretty quick on what and how I am suppose to use it. My mom is really excited about it and happy that I am able to "communicate" how my day was.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

What a cool gadget! You can just see how proud he is when he uses it. What a sweet heart!