Sunday, April 22, 2007

New Splints

I got some new splints for my hands that I am not to happy about. I have 2 different ones. One that I wear at night and sometimes when I take a nap and then another one that I normally wear during the day all the time now. The one that I wear at night (the one in the picture), stretches my hand out really good. It pulls my thumb and all of my fingers straight. I really don't like this one. It hurts a little but I am usually asleep when mom puts them on me so it doesn't bother me. The other one is a lot smaller, it is very similar to the one I had before. All it does is pull my thumb out, but I can still grab and pick up my toys. Which is very important. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't hold my favorite drum stick and my rings. Hopefully these splints will help open my hands up and be able to use them better.
I thought I only had to wear these when I am sleeping. I am awake so get theses things off me.

No comments: